Why Choose Dr. Zan Xu?
- Extensive Post-Graduate Training in Dental Surgery
- Excels in the field of:
● Implant Surgery
● Periodontal Surgery
● Oral Surgery
- Computer Generated CEREC 1-Day Crowns for the Perfect Tooth Restoration
- Provides 3 Orthodontic Options
- Trained & Licensed in Conscious Sedation for Anxiety-Free Densitry
● Oral ● Nitrous Oxide ● IV Sedation
- Saturday Appointment Available
Powerprox Six Month Braces®
If you are an adult (15 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, this could be the solution for you! Most adults ARE candidates for Powerprox Six Month Braces®
By focusing on the teeth that show when you smile and not making significant bite changes, our dentist can comfortably straighten your teeth and give you the attractive, pleasant smile you’ve always wanted.
What is Short Term Clear Braces for 6 Months?
- Six Month Smiles® braces are clear
- Hi-Tech Archwires have shape memory (the wire will return to original shape even if bent, twisted or deformed)
- Wires are usually tooth-colored and very small
- Treatment times usually fall within 4-9 months
- Discomfort is minimal as teeth are gently repositioned by means of a lighter, lower force
- Cost is usually less than traditional braces
Q: How can teeth be straightened in only six months?
A: The Powerprox Six Month Braces® technique employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely. The key components of the treatment are the use of Hi-tech archwires. These wires exert a light continuous force to gently move the teeth to the desired position.
Q: Six months sounds good, but will I still have a mouth full of metal for the whole time?
A: No! Dr. Zan Xu uses tooth-colored braces that are barely visible. The wires are usually tooth-colored as well. These are nothing like metal braces!
Q: How are Powerprox Six Month Braces® more comfortable than regular braces?
A:Powerprox Six Month Braces® use low force to move teeth more comfortably. Many people think that the accelerated treatment means simply “tightening” regular braces to get the teeth moving, but that is not true. Six Month Smiles® utilizes standard orthodontic mechanics, but with an emphasis on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the position of your bite.
Q: Do Powerprox Six Month Braces® damage the teeth, roots, or gums?
A: There are no more risks of root damage or other issues than those associated with traditional orthodontics. Since the forces used with Powerprox Six Month Braces® are lighter and teeth are seldom extracted, there are actually even fewer risks involved with Powerprox Six Month Braces® orthodontics.
Q: Will I have to wear a retainer?
A: Yes, as with any teeth-straightening treatment a retainer is necessary to maintain the straighter position of your teeth. If you don’t want to wear a removable retainer, Dr. Zan Xu can place a bonded retainer for you. There are a variety of options that you can choose from according to your personal preference and situation.
Q: What’s the catch?
A: There really is no catch.
Contact Us today to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION! Dr. Zan Xu will be happy to answer any questions you might have.